Aircooled VW 2387cc Turbo Engine
All new 2387cc Turbo aircooled engine, using only the best parts on the market & fully blueprinted!
Each engine we build is custom per client; we do not operate an assembly line therefore our engines are not ‘off the shelf’. The list below is a non-exhaustive list of components we like to work with, though we prefer to speak to our clients first and foremost to discuss their engine requirements before finalizing the build spec. Please contact our chief engine builder and owner Stefan, if you would like a quote or to place an order.
The perfect Aircooled VW turbo engine for street and racing applications. Our 2387cc turbo aircooled VW engine consists of the BEST parts and modern building techniques available in todays engine building world!
We use the FuelTech EFI engine management system on all our Aircooled VW engine builds. Check out the FT450 here or give us a call if you have any questions.
This engine is available in 2387cc and 2442cc sizes. Please call if you are looking to build a bigger engine. Every engine comes broken in and Dyno tuned in our state of the art dyno room!
This YouTube video shows ACE Owner and Chief engine builder, Stefan Rossi, doing a little fine tuning with a customer on the street with his 2387cc turbo engine running on E85. This motor makes 292w/hp and 344fw/hp at just 10psi of boost!
We have personally tried and tested all the parts we include in our builds, ensuring our customers get the best of the best. We blueprint every part and stage of our engine builds. Cylinder surface finish and geometry are vital steps to any engine build, not just aircooled, though they are often missed or not even considered.
Take a look at our Machine Shop page to learn about the importance of surface finish, and our Engine Room page, where we show you our top of the range measuring equipment and the clinical, clean, engine assembly room.
- Cylinders honed for correct piston to wall clearance
- Cylinder Surface finish report
- Engine Blueprinted
- Heads CC’d & valve Job
- Valve spring set up
- Engine Break-In and Dyno tuned
- Engine Leak Down Test
Main Components (please contact for full list of products used):
- Aluminum super race case 94mm 8mm studs & full flow
- Case modified for flanged crank w/ bronze thrust plates
- RevMaster or AA Performance Flanged 4340 86mm crankshaft w/ 2.000″ pins ALL type 4 mains
- Clevite H Series Rod bearings
- KS steel back Main Bearings
- Mahle Dual thrust cam bearings
- Scat H beam con rods 3/8 ARP 2000 bolts Chevy Journal
- Competion Engineering Straight Cut Cam gears
- Custom turbo camshaft
- Engle Cam Followers PH coated
- JE custom forged Pistons
- AA 94mm cylinders honed with surface report
- Total Seal Gapless/Gas ported Piston Rings
- CB Performance Thin Line Sump 1.5 qt
- Dailey Engineering Single stage wet sump pump
- JayCee O ringed oil drain plate for CB sump
- CB Competition Eliminator CNC cylinder heads
- Titanium Retainers
- Manton Chromoly push rods
- Pauter Heavy duty 1.5:1 ratio roller rockers
- Stainless steel racing push rod tubes
- Gene Berg German valve covers with -8AN vents
- VW German valve cover bail clips
- Kennedy Stage 2 clutch
- Daiken Ridged disc super duty 200mm
- Type 1 cooling set up w/ 75amp Alternator (Porsche style available)
- Paint / Powder-coating color of your choice
- Turbosmart BOV & Wastegate
- Fuel Injector Clinic Injectors
- Custom Aluminum Intake Piping
- Garrett G Series turbo
- Fueltech/ACE Racing FT450 Aircooled VW efi kit
- A1 Performance Stainless Steel Turbo header
We believe transparency is key to building good relationships with our customers and ask that you reach out to us if you don’t see what you are after, need a little help deciding, or want something slightly different. We like to get to know our customers and their requirements for their street or race engine build; we want the best for your car too!
Please contact us for leads times and to speak to owner and Chief Engine Builder, Stef, about your engine requirements prior to ordering.
Check out our featured article in Engine Builder Magazine, September 2021, HERE.
|Dimensions||42 × 40 × 36 in|