Aircooled VW 2276cc N/A DUAL CARB IDF Turnkey Engine
All new 2276cc 48 IDF aircooled VW engine, using only the best parts on the market. Fully machined and blueprinted, dyno tuned and ready to install into your vehicle!
Each engine we build is custom per client; we do not operate an assembly line therefore our engines are not ‘off the shelf’. The list below is a non-exhaustive list of components we like to work with, though we prefer to speak to our clients first and discuss their engine requirements before finalizing the build spec. Please contact our chief engine builder and owner Stefan, if you would like a quote or to place an order.
- Cylinders honed for correct piston to wall clearance
- Cylinder Surface finish report
- Engine Blueprinted
- Heads CC’d & valve Job
- Valve spring set up
- Engine Break-In
- Engine Leak Down Test
Main Components (please contact for full list of products used):
- Aluminum super race case 94mm 8mm studs & full flow
- 4340 82mm crankshaft chevy
- Clevite Rod bearings
- Silverline steel back Main Bearings
- Mahle Dual thrust cam bearings
- 5.5” H beam connecting rods with ARP 2000 bolts
- Straight Cut Cam gears
- Engle camshaft FK8
- Engle Cam Followers PH coated
- 94mm JE Forged Pistons & thick wall cylinders
- Total Seal Gapless/Gas ported Piston Rings
- CB Performance Thin Line Sump 1.5 qt
- Gene Berg Relief oil pump cover
- JayCee O ringed oil drain plate for CB sump
- CB Mini Wedge cylinder heads CNC Chambers
- Titanium Retainers
- Manton Aluminum Super Duty push rods
- Pauter 1:4 ratio roller rocker arms
- Stainless steel racing push rod tubes
- Gene Berg German valve covers with -8AN vents
- VW German valve cover bail clips
- Stage 1 Kennedy clutch
- Daiken Ridged disc super duty 200mm
- JayCee Billet Alternator Pulley
- JayCee 7 inch street pulley
- Magnaspark II Distributor kit – Black
- Dual Weber 48 IDF kit for type 1 w/ offset manifolds
- Gene Berg Linkage
- Black 36HP Doghouse fan shroud & tin ware
- A1 Stainless sidewinder v band header & muffler
We believe transparency is key to building good relationships with our customers and ask that you reach out to us if you don’t see what you are after, need a little help deciding, or want something slightly different. We like to get to know our customers and their requirements for their street or race engine build; we want the best for your car too!
Looking for a more race style motor…check out our 2276cc 48 IDA motor instead.
Please contact us for leads times and to speak to owner and Chief Engine Builder, Stef, about your engine requirements prior to ordering.
Check out our featured article in Engine Builder Magazine, September 2021, HERE.
– ACE Racing Engines makes no guarantee regarding operation of the Goods in settings or in ways that may be illegal or highly regulated, including those regarding smog and emissions. Please refer to your State/Country guidelines.
– Due to the custom nature of our builds, the product images shown here are for illustration purposes only and may not be an exact representation of the product.