AIRCOOLED VW 2276cc 48 IDA TURNKEY ENGINE
All new 2276cc 48 IDA aircooled VW engine, using only the best parts on the market. Fully machined and blueprinted!
Each engine we build is custom per client; we do not operate an assembly line therefore our engines are not ‘off the shelf’. The list below is a non-exhaustive list of components we like to work with, though we prefer to speak to our clients first and discuss their engine requirements before finalizing the build spec. Please contact our chief engine builder and owner Stefan, if you would like a quote or to place an order.
Our 2276cc 48 IDA aircooled VW engines are complete turnkey, broken-in, dyno tuned and ready to install into your vehicle!
We have personally tried and tested all of the components we include in our builds, ensuring our customers get the best of the best.
There are many vital steps to building an engine which are often missed, or not even considered, by other engine builders. Cylinder surface finish and rocker geometry are two great examples of important measurements and data collection, which are essential figures when building an aircooled engine that will last. Our Machine Shop and Engine Room pages, explain in more detail the meticulous processes and show you our top of the range measuring equipment and the clinical looking engine assembly room.
2276cc 48 IDA Aircooled VW Engine
- Cylinders honed for correct piston to wall clearance
- Cylinder Surface finish report
- Engine Blueprinted
- Heads CC’d & valve Job
- Valve spring set up
- Engine Break-In
- Engine Leak Down Test
Main Components (please contact for full list of products used):
- Aluminum super race case 94mm 8mm studs & full flow
- 4340 82mm crankshaft chevy
- Clevite Rod bearings
- Silverline steel back Main Bearings
- Mahle Dual thrust cam bearings
- 5.5” H beam connecting rods with ARP 2000 bolts
- Straight Cut Cam gears
- Engle camshaft FK10
- Engle Cam Followers PH coated
- 94mm JE Forged Pistons & thick wall cylinders
- Total Seal Gapless/Gas ported Piston Rings
- CB Performance Thin Line Sump 1.5 qt
- Gene Berg Relief oil pump cover
- JayCee O ringed oil drain plate for CB sump
- CB Wedgeport cylinder heads – Matchported
- CB Big Beef Manifolds
- Titanium Retainers
- Manton Aluminum Super Duty push rods
- Pauter 1:4 ratio roller rocker arms
- Stainless steel racing push rod tubes
- Gene Berg German valve covers with -8AN vents
- VW German valve cover bail clips
- Stage 1 Kennedy clutch
- Daiken Ridged disc super duty 200mm
- JayCee Billet Alternator Pulley
- JayCee 7 inch street pulley
- Magnaspark II Distributor kit – Black
- Dual Weber 48 IDA kit for type 1 w/ offset manifolds
- Gene Berg Linkage
- Black 36HP Doghouse fan shroud & tin ware
- A1 Stainless sidewinder v band header & muffler
Dailey Engineering 1 stage external wet oil pump is also an available option for this engine, check it out HERE.
We believe transparency is key to building good relationships with our customers and ask that you reach out to us if you don’t see what you are after, need a little help deciding, or want something slightly different. We like to get to know our customers and their requirements for their street or race engine build; we want the best for your car too!
Check out our 48 IDF version of this engine here. Custom quotes are available.
Please contact us for leads times and to speak to owner and Chief Engine Builder, Stef, about your engine requirements prior to ordering.
Check out our featured article in Engine Builder Magazine, September 2021, HERE.
|Dimensions||42 × 40 × 36 in|