Aircooled VW 2180cc IDF Turnkey Engine
All new 2180cc IDF aircooled engine, using only the best parts on the market & fully blueprinted!
Each engine we build is custom per client; we do not operate an assembly line therefore our engines are not ‘off the shelf’. The list below is a non-exhaustive list of components we like to work with, though we prefer to speak to our clients first and discuss their engine requirements before finalizing the build spec. Please contact our chief engine builder and owner Stefan, if you would like a quote or to place an order.
Our 2180cc IDF aircooled VW engines are perfect for a bus or bug; good torque for road trips and great power to keep up with the traffic on todays roads!
Complete turnkey, broken-in, dyno tuned and ready to install into your vehicle!
We have personally tried and tested all the parts we include in our builds, ensuring our customers get the best of the best. We blueprint every part and stage of our engine builds. Cylinder surface finish and geometry are vital steps to any engine build, not just aircooled, though they are often missed or not even considered.
Check out our Machine Shop to learn about the importance of surface finish, and take a look at our Engine Room page, where we show you our top of the range measuring equipment and the clinical, clean, engine assembly room.
- Cylinders honed for correct piston to wall clearance
- Cylinder Surface finish report
- Engine Blueprinted
- Heads CC’d & valve Job
- Valve spring set up
- Engine Break-In
- Engine Leak Down Test
Main Components (please contact for full list of products used):
- Aluminum super race case 94mm 8mm studs & full flow
- 4340 82mm crankshaft chevy
- Clevite Rod bearings
- Silverline steel back Main Bearings
- Mahle Dual thrust cam bearings
- 5.4” H beam con rods 5/16 ARP 2000 bolts Chevy Journal
- Straight Cut Cam gears
- Engle camshaft FK7
- Engle Cam Followers PH coated
- 3.622″/92mm JE Forged Pistons
- 92mm thick wall cylinders
- Total Seal Gapless/Gas ported Piston Rings
- CB Performance Thin Line Sump 1.5 qt
- Gene Berg Relief oil pump cover
- JayCee O ringed oil drain plate for CB sump
- 41 x 35.5 044 Panchito cylinder heads CNC Chambers
- Titanium Retainers
- Aluminum Super Duty push rods
- Heavy duty 1.4:1 ratio rockers
- Stainless steel racing push rod tubes
- Gene Berg German valve covers with -8AN vents
- VW German valve cover bail clips
- Stage 1 Kennedy clutch
- Daiken Ridged disc super duty 200mm
- JayCee Billet Alternator Pulley
- JayCee 7 inch street pulley
- Magnaspark II Distributor kit – Black
- Dual Weber 44 IDF kit for type 1 w/ offset manifolds
- Gene Berg Linkage
- Black 36HP Doghouse fan shroud & tin ware
- A1 Stainless sidewinder v band header & muffler
We believe transparency is key to building good relationships with our customers and ask that you reach out to us if you don’t see what you are after, need a little help deciding, or want something slightly different. We like to get to know our customers and their requirements for their street or race engine build; we want the best for your car too!
Please contact us for leads times and to speak to owner and Chief Engine Builder, Stef, about your engine requirements prior to ordering.
Check out our featured article in Engine Builder Magazine, September 2021, HERE.
|Dimensions||42 × 40 × 36 in|